An easy recipe with few vegetables.This stir fry can be done quickly.Basically a mixed vegetable thoran.It is nutritious and delicious dish.it can be done with a variety of vegetables here I have used cabbage,peas and carrot.
- Mixed vegetables________3 cups
- Shallots ___few or onion finely chopped.
- Coconut_____grated 1/3 cup
- Curry leaves ____a sprig
- Green chillies_____2 chopped
- Red chilly________1
- Oil______2 TBS
- Mustard seeds 1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal____1/2 TSp
- Boil vegetables and keep aside
- In a pan first put oil.
- Then add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal
- Add red chillies
- Now add chopped onion or shallots and green chillies to it and fry after adding curry leaves
- Add the boiled vegetables.
- Mix well and add salt and finally grated coconut to it.it is ready.
This is served as a side dish for lunch or dinner with rice and some curry.the vegetables can be chopped ,diced or grated.
Another option is that can add vegetables without boiling and fry sprinkling water and dry fry it with a generous àmout of coconut.