Potatoes are starchy tuberous crop.Potàtoes are one of the most versatile and delicious vegetable. Potatoes have become a staple food in many parts of the world and an integral part of much of the world’s food supply.
Potatoes are often broadly classified as high on the glycemic index and. So are often excluded from the diets of individual who follow a low g.i.index.
Potatoes are an excellent source of vitC,a good source of potassium,vit.B6,fat and sodium.They are incredibly filling.
- Oil 3 tbs
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Uraddhal—–1/2 tsp
- Green chillies___3
- Onion___1 or 2 finely chopped.
- Coconut scraping___4 tbs
- Curry leaves few
- Salt as needed
- Boil and mash potatoes after removing skin
- Add salt and fresh grated coconut and mix well.
- Keep a kadai add oil after that add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add curry leaves, chopped onions and slit green chillies and saute it.
- Finally add mashed potatoes to it.
Simply flavoured side dish for rice.
Raw banana is a good source of protein and vitamins. It is. Low in sodium and calories.
- 2tbs——-coriander seeds
- 2tbs——–channa dhal
- 2 or3——-red chillies
- Raw banana—–250gms or 3 o 4
- 1/2 tsp———–turmeric powder
- 2 to 4 tbs——-oil
- 1 pinch——–asafoetida
- Salt as required
- 1/2 tsp——-mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp——urad dhal
- Peel and slice the raw banana after washing it.
- Slice them in thin rounds and put it in water so that it doesn’t turn dark.
- In a frying pan put oil in it.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add sliced raw banana to it.
- Now add turmeric powder,add powder and salt to it.
Fry till it becomes crispy.
Optional:If u want a simplified instead of preparing powder can use red chilly powder.
The kidney bean is a variety of the common bean.It is named for it’s visual resemblance in shape and color to a kidney.They are good source of several vitamins and minerals such as molybdenum, folate,iron, copper,maganese, potassium,vit.K and phosphorus.It is high in protein and fibre.
I would like to share my experience of cooking this curry for the first time.It was some 26 yrs back my husband s friend who came from North India shared this curry for lunch with him and my husband wanted me to try this.My husband’s friend’s wife taught me this.The next day itself I tried this curry. It came out very well.And After she tasted it told me that it tastes good. So started preparing this curry.
Lowers cholesterol and reduces heart disease risk.It controls blood sugar also helps in weight loss too.Best for diabetes patients.
- Rajma——-200 gms
- Chilly powder—1 to 2tsp
- Ginger garlic paste—1/2to1tsp
- Onion chopped—1/2 cup
- 🍅 tomatoes chopped—1/2 cup
- Coriander powder—-1
- Masalapowder –1 tbs(optional)
- Salt as required.
- Wash and soak rajma overnight that is up to 8 to 10hrs.
- Keep cooker or pressure pan on stove and pour oil in it.Add onions till it turns brown.Then add chopped tomatoes to it Till it turns mushy.
- Now add turmeric powder, cumin powder,chilly powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add soaked rajma to it.Finally add salt.
- Close the cooker after adding required amount of water.Allow it for 5 to 6 whistles some beans may require two more.
- When it gets cooled open and add chopped coriander leaves to it.
Another method is to cook rajma separately and then add to the other ingredients after adding tomatoes.Check that the beans are cooked and are soft.
Here you can add onion paste with tomato puree instead of tomatoes.
Can be served with naan,roti, chappathi or plain rice.
Water should be added in equal quantity of rajma beans.
Pumpkin is a vegetable which is highly nutrient dense food.Pumpkin color may be from deep yellow to orange coloration.It is a traditional part of thanksgiving meals inCanada and U.S.and they carve Jack _O_Lantern for decoration around 🎃 Halloween.
Pumpkin is suitable for all ages.It is rich in Vitamins and minerals low in calories.The fiber,potassium and vit. C supports it.Some say that the potassium obtIned in pumpkin has a positive effect in blood pressure.There are lot of antioxidants in it.It is a good source of beta carotene and rich in fibre too.
- Pumpkin_1to2 cups peeled,predetermined and cubed.
- Coconut scrapings -4 tbs
- Cumin seeds_1/2 tsp
- Garlic_2 pods
- Oil_1 tbs
- Mustard seeds_1/4tsp
- Urad dhal_1/2 tsp
- Red chillies/Green chillies_2 or accept. to taste.
- Curry leaves a few
- Salt as needed.
1.Grind coconut scraping,cumin seeds,red chillies and garlic pods coarsely and keep aside.
2.Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds to it aftet it splutters add urad dhal when it turns brown add curry leaves
3.Fry curry leaves a little and Then add pumpkin pieces to it.Fry a little and then add water to cook it.
4.When half done add salt to it.
5.when almost done add the coconut paste to it.
6. Mix well and cook till everything gets binded.
Can add 1 to 2 tbs.jaggery and instead of grinding chillies can powder pepper coarsely and add to it.
This will be slightly sweeter version of curry.
Serve with rice
Potato fry is an all time favourite for many.This is an easy method and is prepared without boiling the potatoes. When it is crispy it tastes good.
- Potatoes -1 Cup
- Chilly powder_1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
- Mustard seeds_1/4 tsp
- urad dhal_1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder_1/4 tsp
- Chilly powder_1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Coriander leaves chopped
Peel potatoes and keep in water for at least 15 Mts so that starch can be removed.And the fry will be crispy.
1.Cut potatoes into cubes and keep it in water.
2.Keep kadai and after heating add oil to it.
3.Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dhal and when it turns brown add curry leaves.
4.Now add potatoes and turmeric powder fry for sometime.
5.After sometime add chilly powder and salt and fry.
6.Finally add chopped coriander leaves.
Can serve with rice.Goes best for rasam,damage and curd rice.
How to enhance taste while cooking
1.While making chips both banana and potato add little rasam powder and salt to the sliced vegetables and fry.It will have a different taste.
2.While converting whole grain wheat into wheat flour add a teaspoon of fenugreek to it.Chappathis made out of this flour will be soft.
3. While making coriander leaves thoku fry tamarind separately and then grind
4. While preparing Sundal add a paste of ginger with curry leaves.
5.While preparing oothaappam make a small hole in the centre and pour a tsp.oil it will be crispier.
6.While preparing kesari while adding water reduce the quantity of water instead add coconut milk or boiled milk.Taste will be different.
7. While frying onions first fry onions a bit and then add oil it will fry quickly
French fries are all time favourite for many.It can be an evening snack or a starter.It will be crispy outside and soft inside.Use large and thick potatoes.
- Salt___1 tbs
- Chilly powder__1/2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Lime 1/2 or 1tsp vinegar optional
1.First cut the potatoes in the same size after peeling the skin.Some add lime juice or vinegar to the water and soak the potatoes.This will help to remove the starch.
2.In a pan add water and salt when water starts boiling put the potatoes into it for few minutes.Drain the water completely and spread it in a kitchen towel or tissue paper.
3.Heat oil it should be only medium hot and fry the potatoes for few minutes may be for 2 or 3 mts.Remove excess oil and allow it to cool.Then keep in zip lock cover and freeze it.
Take them from fridge after 2 or 3 hrs.
4.Then fry again in oil with higher temperature till it becomes crisper and turns golden brown.
Then add the chilly powder to it mix well.
Serve with sauce.
Optional some use pepper powder instead of chilly powder.