Another lunch box recipe from me.This is South Indian style,simple and easy recipe.Mint is a good source of vitamins and iron.I have used coriander leaves too.
- Mint leaves___ 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves___1/2 cup
- Green cillies________2 or 3
- Red chillies_________2
- Garlic pods_________4 or 5pods
- Onions______ 2 or 3 or shallots few
- Ginger_______a small piece
- Coconut scrapings 1 TBS.(optional)
Cooked rice 1 cup
- Ghee or oil ___1 to 2 TBS.
- Bay leaf_______1
- Cashews ______a few
- Bengal gram dhal 1 TBS.
- Mustard seeds 1/2 TSP
- Urad dhal______1 tsp
Juice of half lemon.
- In a kadai pour oil for frying.
- Now add red chillies,green chillies,garlic and onion fry for rew seconds. If you are adding coconut add now. Then add mint and coriander leaves and fry.
- When cool grind it into a fine paste.Keep aside.
- Now in a kadai add ghee if for small children or oil.
- Put bay leaf and mustard seeds when it splutters add urad dhal then Bengal gram dhal and then cashews .
- Add sliced onions (optional).
- Now add the ground paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add salt and finally cooked rice.
- Mix well.
Serve with onion raitha.
Can add any vegetables like carrots or peas to enhance the nuritive value.